Wednesday, July 9, 2008

just for the joy of blogging

I really really wanted to blog today, don't know why, so I am determined to tell you something...something that is hopefully uplifting and fun and worth reading...gimme a sec...ok, I've got it. A friend blogger once did a "100 things" entry and I liked it. I'm not sure if I'll make it to 100, but I'll do my best.

1. I love that my sister gets to have a Spain adventure.

2. Ok is really meant to be spelled "ok." "Okay" is actually an extenuation of the original word.

3. I love that my brother and his wife are going to be living close to me this fall. I plan to have many Rock Band parties.

4. I love that my sister is going to be living close to me this fall. I plan to have many throwing parties.

5. I love that my boyfriend-hopefully-more-than-that-soon will soon be living closer to me (at least he has, in earnest, been talking about finding a place up here).

6. Some wedding dresses are REALLY beautiful.

7. Most of them are strapless, which is both unfortunate and unimaginative.

8. I love nachos, homemade with homemade guacamole and/or salsa. They may just be the perfect food.

9. I love my car. It is so simple and nice and has awesome gas mileage.

10. I love shoes. I have too many, yet always seem to have room for more. I did get rid of 15 pairs about a month ago, though, which fact I celebrated by buying about 3 more.

11. My split keyboard is wonderful. I didn't even think I'd miss it until I didn't have it for about a week. Those were dark days.

12. My boyfriend doesn't read my blog. Ha! So I think I'll start saying more about him, just to see if he ever peeks.

13. My job can be really boring sometimes. I miss the lady I used to work with. She was really fun to talk to and at least made things just a little more interesting.

14. I love personality profiles. They help people make more sense and that has to be a good thing for all of us.

15. I have never been skydiving but think I would like it.

16. Today I saw a thing at a track where you can pay like four grand to hang out and drive super awesome cars around, just for fun, all day. They even include champagne. I think I want to do it (sans champagne, of course).

17. Did I ever tell you that I like cars?

18. I think kids are cute, but have never been the type to want to hold someone's baby. The thing usually starts crying and I don't know what to do so I feel stupid and can't wait for the mom to take it back. This used to worry me a bit til my Mom told me that she'd been about the same and that it's totally different with your own. I can believe that because it's already so different with my sister's kids.

19. I LOVE my nieces and nephews.

20. Wow, number 20, that's one fifth of 100.

21. I love stand-up comedy and am so glad that people in my life have introduced me to the joys of Brian Regan, and Mitch Hedburg.

22. I have an oscillating fan and like to ask it questions that a fan would say "no" to. Do you keep my hair in place?...That's right. Do you keep my papers in order?...no, you do not. Do you have three settings?...liar.

23. I am super lucky...so healthy, have everything I need plus people who love me enough that they actually read at least 23 things that were on my mind today.

24. Did you know that you can listen to Carol Tuttle's radio show streaming online? I'm gonna start listening to it at work sometimes instead of the radio.

25. Ok, that's one fourth of 100. I'm thinking that that is probably good for today. Maybe I'll pick it up on another day that I desperately want to blog, but have no defining motive.

5 comments:

vantastic said...

man. i made it into into the 1st spot. awesome!!! someday soon we all need to have a spain adventure together. love you!!!

Sharona said...

You are simply charming. And quirky. You seriously think of "no" questions to ask your fan? :0

Jamela said...

That was a fun blog, I'm suprised you came up with 25 when you didn't know what to do. I often wonder what I would blog about if I blogged. Fun stuff. Love ya.

tic tacs and tech decks said...

Yea Rockband! WOO! We just had an awesome rockband party at Westin's. We built a HUGE screen and then with a HD projector and huge speakers jammed outside and had BBQ and swimming and another rockband going on inside. So awesome. =) I want to build a big screen for us too. I now know exactly how i want to do it so we can take it completely apart and use it wherever we want to! LOVE!

dolly d. said...

For the record, number 22 is actually a line from Mitch Hedburg, though I may come up with questions to ask it next time I am around an oscillating fan.