So the other weekend I went to Ty's family reunion. We had a lot of fun and it's the first time I've really hung out with his brother and fam who live in Ohio...of all places. Before the weekend Ty told me to wear green. You see, their great-granddad came over from Ireland, and the stories and heritage are so close that they regularly talk about being Irish and recognize family characteristics as being particularly Irish and all that. It's sort of interesting to me since, while my last name is Dutch, I certainly don't talk about being Dutch or claim any personality characteristics that are stereotypically Dutch or even own a shirt that says anything about my Dutch heritage. However, Ty does have shirts like that...at least two that say things like "50% of me is 80% Irish."
So, when he told me to wear green on this Irish reunion weekend after thinking about it a bit, I decided I'd go one better. After all, I may not be able to claim being Irish, but I could claim this...


So I found this shirt and bought the iron-on letters and it was a lot easier than I'd anticipated. I totally had time to finish and I wore it to pick Ty up from work on our way out of town that day. He loved it, thought it was so cute, even told his mom about it days later and the rest of his family got a kick out of it too...so I thought I'd share. :)
3 comments:
wow...that turned out great. such straight even placement of the letters. nice work!
When do I get to see pictures of Irish Boy?! (hee, hee, I AM Irish!)
I love it!
Post a Comment