Tuesday, June 26, 2007

dainty hands

Yeah, so, I remembered again last night why I don't really like to bowl. First, I've never gotten any good at it, and for some reason I've let that keep me from liking it all that much. Call me crazy, but if I toss a ball down a lane at least 20 times, I'd like to improve.

Secondly, though, and maybe most importantly, I have very dainty hands. I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed of the fact, or if I should try to change or preserve it. All I know is that I played one game and was enjoying myself just enough that I was willing to play another. I through the ball about four more times before I started to feel warm spots on my thumb and pinkie. I couldn't believe it! I was getting blisters from bowling! What's more is that there were plenty of other girls there and none of them seemed to be having any problems. What in the world is that all about! I was mildly annoyed.

Since then I've recalled that I usually don't fall in love with sports that involve holding an apparatus of any kind for an extended period of time...hockey being the notable exception. But maybe hockey was different because you are always wearing gloves and nether the stick nor the puck are very heavy. I'll have to remember this next time.

In the meantime my thumb still hurts enough today that I'll have to hold my pen different and twisting off the cap of my water bottle is a little bit tricky. Ah me (sigh) my dainty, girly hands.

P.S. That cute boy in my new ward? Still very cute ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You not only have dainty hands, but also hands that are very well groomed. I think it's your amazing eye for detail. You're dainty AND hygienic. And then you have friends like me, who refuse to wash up before bed and haven't thought about grooming their hands since senior prom. It's simply amazing how we can be so different and still get along so well.

dolly d. said...

Ha! You may be very right...I can be a little persnickety. I'm glad you still like me though. :) But if you're serious about that senior prom thing I think we need to have a major manicure session.

tic tacs and tech decks said...

you should try it left handed. Bowling is not my favorite, by any means, but i have found that for some strange reason, i am way better with my left hand. kinda fun.

vantastic said...

besides, you are most likely going to get a bad score, at least I always do, so why NOT go left handed...you can only go up.