Thursday, July 12, 2007

life as me

Firstly, I want to share with you that today I had a student who started talking about Europe after I mentioned my siblings wanted to go to Uruguay over New Year's. Don't worry, he knew Uruguay wasn't in Europe (thank goodness), the reference to Spanish made him think of his recent trip to Europe...including Spain. Turns out that what he hadn't known prior to that trip (he's like 17) was that they speak Spanish in Spain. HA HA HA! I'm sorry Cord, I love ya, but that's just so funny that I'll probably share it with everyone I know.

Secondly, I often notice and wonder about random things that come along. Today it was a peanut butter cup wrapper. Why are they rippled? They can make such a mess when you try to pull them off. It just seems more intuitive to have a flat wrapping that would remove easily and not make all those chocolate pieces. Hm...think about it before I tell you what I came up with. My coworkers had some creative answers...through thinking?

Ok, I think it's just easier to produce, you see, if you take one of those wrappers off and lay it flat it is made from a single, circular, flat piece of paper. It folds into shape and they fill it with chocolate-peanut buttery goodness. Twere it any other shape (I love using "twere" :) the paper would have to be cut and glued and manipulated in ways that would damage the structural integrity of the paper, and make production more complicated, therefore more expensive. Hm, fascinating. So, there you have it...a moment in life as Me. :D

1 comment:

Sharona said...

I'm always impressed by your brain capacity. And that is an impressive thing to continually impress someone over and over and over again. Usually there's a leveling off point where my expectations would get so high that your only option the next time you did anything would be to disappoint me. And yet, you never have. You only impress me. Always. Impressive.