Wednesday, June 6, 2007

i know why i'm not married

So, I said that dreams are funny things. Here is a case and point.
One of my favorite things is when real things that are going on in your life somehow work their way into your dreams. I will start with one such incident. In my dream, I had a bike, I've been thinking I would like to get a bike. It was kind of motorized somehow and I was on my way home. Home, in my dream, was some apartments kind of like where I lived in college. I walked around for a while trying to find a sheltered place to lock up my bike since a storm was coming in (last night I did, in fact spend some time safeguarding some stuff from a storm that was on its way). Then I went into my apartment where my friend, let's call her The Little Runt, had come by to see me. I had really been expecting this particular friend to come by sometime soon.

Now we are getting to the good stuff. We were hanging out talking, I was feeling a little out of sorts for a reason that soon came apparent. At some point The Little Runt said in a somewhat wistful yet perplexed way, "I can't believe you're married."...You may be thinking exactly what I thought...only, not in my dream. In my dream I said, "I know, I can't either, especially cause I can't really remember him anymore." And inside I was thinking, "Is that why I feel so funny." Then, in my dream I sort of seemed to remember snippets of a wedding...me in a white dress, people around, it was right after graduation (now it was some weeks later), and then he (my husband) had had to go somewhere for school or something shortly after and I hadn't seen him since then.

So I was trying hard to remember what he looked like, where he was, what his name was (yeah, I couldn't even remember his name), and why I'd loved him enough to marry him. It was a very odd sensation. Well, The Little Runt and I went to some garden party thing (to which I'd dressed very casual, so that I was almost mortified when Elders Thomas S. Monson and Dallen H. Oaks came in their suits and ties. Seriously, do they ever wear anything else?). As I was standing, listening to others talk and still pondering over my situation, I felt a tap on my shoulder, turned to see who it was, and found myself being hugged by a cute, tall, thin guy who was my husband (you know how it is in dreams, sometimes you just know things). Now I started to remember his name and it finally formed as Daniel Tuttle (isn't that funny I totally got such as specific name in a dream?). In real life I totally erased a Daniel from my phone recently whom I don't remember at all. In my dream I realized that it had been his number and he'd called me the night before, but I didn't answer cause I didn't recognise the number. I said, "Honey, um, did you call me last night?" Sure enough. Oops.

The more I saw him and heard him talk the more I liked him (or remembered liking him). He said how much he'd missed me and I fudged with the absolute truth and told him I'd missed him too. Then, while he was occupied with others I spent the rest of the time til I woke up looking for my journal with the wedding so that I could get some particulars down.

Isn't that so so funny! All of which has led me to this conclusion. I know why I'm not married...I AM married! I just don't remember! Ha! That totally makes sense. So I'd like to ask you all a favor. If you remember any details about the situation I wish you'd tell me. And for goodness sake, if you have his number will you please give it to me because I'd hate to not have my own husband's phone number. Man, that'd just be weird.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Something DID happen on that crazy cross-country trip you took after you graduated. I knew it! That is SO absurdly funny. Forgetting your husband.... huh. Kinda tragic about the name. He sounds like a nerdy, feeble character in a Harry Potter movie. Don't tell him I said that. I'm sure he's way cooler than that. :)