Well, it would appear that I did not have a November, or that I had nothing worth relating during the month of November. However, the truth is that, in November, I was on a completely different planet; one that does not have blogs, or the internet, or even catchy little titles for them.
No, in November I was on Planet Wed and so I apologize that I did not blog at all...I don't even think I remembered that blogging existed. Then, Thursday afternoon, out of nowhere the word "blog" popped into my mind and it was like an entire previous life was instantaneously reintroduced into my memory. I have a blog, my loved ones have blogs, I must view theirs and update mine. Thus, here I am.
And I am here to pose a question that has come to me following my recent experiences and a comment made on a friend's blog. Why on earth does almost everyone act like you are going to be so tired and hungry and crabby on your wedding day that you will be counting the minutes till you finally get to leave the reception? I don't know how many times I heard comments like these, "Oh, you're gonna be so tired you'll just wanna be out of there," "So, are you stressed out of your mind yet?" "Oh, you don't want to have too much to do, you'll be so stressed and tired," etc, etc. Not to mention the anecdotes that have reached me about newlyweds who starved on their wedding day/night because they never had time to make it to the food, or who were annoyed at the reception about whatever. Therefore, I would like to set the record straight.
According my my experience none of these statements or observations have the least basis of fact. I had a fantastic time on my wedding day! It was the best day ever! Yes, there was a lot to do. No, it didn't all turn out just as I'd envisioned. Yes, I took my shoes of for most of the reception cause they did get a bit tired after walking around all day. But let me tell you, I didn't care one iota. I had the best time! None of my biggest worries came to fruition.
~I'd been afraid that I'd be so tired of taking pictures that I would hate being dragged all over temple square to take more, but it was great! I felt it a wonderful way to bask in what had just occurred and to spend time leisurely allowing it to sink in (I was glad we'd brought granola bars and water, though).
~I was afraid we would run out of time for lunch and I'd be crabby for the reception. Actually we did (though barely) have time to get lunch...then I hardly ate any of it! When my emotions are overflowing in someway I generally don't even want to eat, and I found that pretty much all day, even if I was a little hungry I didn't notice or mind like I typically might.
~I was afraid of being late to the reception...and we were. Oops, and while I apologize to anyone who found that incredibly inconvenient, it was not the end of the world and everyone was so cool about it and I still had a fantastic time at the reception.
~I was afraid I would be so tired and antsy to be gone with Ty that I would not even want to be at my reception and might even be testy at having to greet all sorts of people whom I don't know and may never see again. In reality, I had a blast at my reception! Seriously, I had so much fun! I loved my flowers and our music and seeing my little nieces and nephews out the corners of my eyes and cutting the cake and dancing with Ty and my Dad...I even had a great time greeting all those people! I was genuinely in such a good mood that I was chipper and friendly and talkative and it was just awesome!
~I was afraid I'd miss food at the reception and be so hungry that night that I'd be crabby. I totally wasn't. Firstly because I asked a sister to pack some food for Ty and I which she graciously did. Secondly, because, as noted above, extra emotions tend to make me not very hungry. So, while I ate a few bites, I really didn't need that much.
~I was afraid we'd miss our flight the next morning...we did. Ha! Ok, somehow that just happened, but it all worked out anyway.
So, what did I learn from all of this? Don't believe a word people say. Their experience is their experience, yours is yours...and I'm just glad I'm not them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Word. By the way, you fulfilled your own prophecy by marrying the first guy who gave you flowers did you not? That's cute. That's all I wanted to say. That and I'm glad you are married and that you had fun.
YOUR MARRIED!!!!!
I am glad to see you back in cyber space. finally someone to comment on my blogs....hey remember facebook?? I gotta get you back into the e-world.
Yes, it was a perfect day. Congrats! I haven't even talked to you...I didn't know you missed your flight! Or how was Hawaii??? I can't wait to go back. We need to chat. Love ya.
Aaron - Yeah, I kind of like the flowers thing too.
vantastic - facebook? What? and "e-world," does the "e" stand for anything in particular?
Jamela - now I have talked to you and it was so fun! You are fab.
My dear friend: You hit the nail on the head!! I felt the same way. Not one second of my day was overwhelming or dragging or tiring. It was wonderful! And for me, the best day of my life!!
Oh, I am so glad everything turned out so well! I was so sad that we could not attend your reception. Your pictures turned out beautiful!
Post a Comment