Wednesday, October 22, 2008

i know what they were talking about

Lat night my darling fiance was over. We scanned some pictures into the computer that we are hoping to incorporate into the wedding celebrations. We ate some dinner I'd made while we watched "Dancing With the Stars." We covered what each of us had gotten done that day and what we still needed to do. We talked about money and housing arrangements and family and helped Deanna close and open a really big pressure cooker. Above all we sat on the couch nestled in each others arms whispering sweet things that no one else will ever hear and I experienced that absolute pang that I have approached before and knew, at some time, would come...I wish I was married now.

Last night was the dividing line between still-enjoying-the-planning-and-anticipating and that's-enough-already-I-want-to-be-married. I want to be married! To shop for all my own food. To fix enough dinner for he and I that we both have leftovers for lunch the next day. To talk over things as we get ready for work in the morning and as we get ready for bed at night. To know where I am going to live for the next few years of my life. To find out how he wants his underwear folded and if it will annoy him that I often wear socks to bed in order to keep from getting cold. To have our own kitchen where we both know where everything goes so he can put dishes away too. To sleep-in on the weekends and not wonder whether he's awake yet or not because I can see him right there in the bed next to me. To make plans for our money that will help us accomplish common goals. To hear each other's music enough that we realize that we already know some and that we actually like some of the stuff we didn't know. To talk into the night, and not have to "go home."

Oh the bliss I look forward to. Alright, I know it most likely won't always be bliss, but it will be dang good, new and exciting, and an incredibly big, important and wonderful step in my life. And I'm pretty much ready for it to start...17 more days.

2 comments:

Sharona said...

I am SO EXCITED about your wedding! We just got your invitation last night. IT looks fabulous. YOU GUYS look fabulous. I just think this is really really cool. :)

Jamela said...

Ohh...you are going to love it. Being married is the best. I'm soo soo excited. See you soon.