Thursday, April 3, 2008

year schmear


So, I meant to blog on April fools, something fun and clever.
Then I meant to blog yesterday, twas it only on the weather.
Well today I finally got myself to get on the computer,
...super.

Ha! So today is the first anniversary of this blog, Yay! And what a wonderful year it has been. I've slowed down on the quantity of blogs since then, true, but that is mostly because my responsibilities at work changed such that I'm not on the computer as much. However, I hope the quality hasn't been lacking. And it's a bunch of fun. I'd like to thank you all for reading it and writing comments. I love to read them.

So, if it's the anniversary of my blog and I started it on my birthday, that must mean that...(intense "DUN Dun dun") it's my birthday! And so it is. And what's more, I am 29--by golly, that's crazy. I'm not totally taken aback or anything, cause I have been practicing that age in my head. It's been a habit of mine for sometime to always get ready to be the age I'm about to turn. I just want to age gracefully, not be taken off guard, and enjoy every age as it comes.

A year ago I wrote that I thought 28 was going to be a good year and it totally has been. It just makes me soooooo grateful for a family that loves me and for the incredible blessing it is to believe in the Lord and that he's always there guiding me. I am insanely glad to have been exposed to some new ways of thinking that have helped me feel more capable, empowered, and confident in my life. I love that! So here's to 29, to being the age everyone tries to pretend they are, to having another wonderful year to my credit, and always getting better (even if you have to claim the record for staying single longest in your family...oops :)

I love you all. XOXO

4 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dolly Dimples Dear! Happy days will come to you ALL year! If I had a wish then it would be! A Happy Happy Birthday to YOU from MEEE!!!

Ritch in Love said...

um, are you still with that dude?

Jamela said...

Hey, I didn't get to say Hi this morning! But Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got the card in time! We love you tons.

tic tacs and tech decks said...

you are so adorable. I always love your honesty and your rhyming of course. =)