DONUTS:

Donuts are delicious. No one can deny that. The sugary cakey treat always calls to me whenever they are around. They are even attractive looking with their poofy shape and smooth frostings, or else tantalizing crumby coverings. Yummy! But just as sure as they will call to my eyes and nose, they will wreak havoc on my digestive system. My poor stomach will always cry to me, "Why would you expose me to such filth?!" And I always find myself apologising with a promise to never commit such another misdeed...I am getting better and better at only eating 1/2 to 1 donut at a time. That seems to reduce my tummy's complaints to a gentle murmur, easily drowned with a pure fruit smoothie or spinach salad.
FOOD IN GENERAL:
Anyone who knows me knows I like food. My mom has often called me a gourmet when I am preparing a dish that takes a little longer but tastes and looks delicious; and my siblings used to tease at how perfectly I would spread the tomatoes over the top of my 7-layer bean dip. I love to create perfectly proportioned yogurt smoothies, guacamole, humus, or make up something that is unique and delicious from whatever I can find in the kitchen. That is, of course, if I don't have time to actually shop and make something from a new recipe I've been wanting to try. Food is delicious, and almost never more so than when I can make it myself.
On the flip side, sometimes I just don't have time to make it myself and I am relegated to eating at a fast food place merely so I can finish my day, even if I'd rather not have a bread and meat sandwich. Sometimes I will be going about my business and will get dizzy or tired or my stomach will hurt and I think, "What in the world is wrong?" Then I see the clock and realize it's been hours since my last meal...oh. And I do get hungry about every 3 hours...Good for metabolism, an absolute nightmare to shop for. I get so sick of trying to find healthy and yummy snacks that I can leave at work and eat cold whenever I get hungry. And when I do find something I like, I always get tired of it after about a week and then have to come up with something else. ACK!
BOOKS:

Ah, this may be the ultimate. You all know I love to read and have since I was a kid. Don't know exactly what it is, but there is nothing quite like a well crafted story that is poetically phrased and gets you so involved in the characters that you start to think of them as family. I LOVE IT! I could spend hours in a book if my eyes, shoulders, and bum wouldn't get tired of it. But there you see the not-so-much-like side. I COULD spend hours and hours in a book. However, I have a life, and there are things I need to do in that life, and if I am spending hours with my nose in a book those things are not getting done. Hence, I have to forgo finding my heroines fate until after work, or til the laundry gets done, or I get something to eat so my stomach will stop growling. ARG! And all the while her heart, and possibly life, is hanging in the balance! Oh my, I can hardly take it. So all the way to the dentist I am anxiously pondering her possible fates and those of all whom she is connected with. Three weeks later (days if I give in to the urge to read) I finally am relieved of my anxiety, now knowing what happened, and then have to look forward to an interval of no book to read which is, in itself, both a relaxation and a nuisance. Ah me, what shall I do? ;)
A FEW OTHERS IN SHORT:
Shaving: Smooth legs are nice, but they get prickly so fast.
Cold: I love the snow and cuddling up in a sweater, but some days all I want is to be really warm.
Dancing with the Stars: I want to be a star so I can be on that show, but does every dance have to relate to you-know-what and do the costumes have to be so sparse?
That's all I can think of now, and certainly it is enough.
5 comments:
You're so fun. Books, I agree with that one. I'm almost sad when I get to the end of a good book, like I'm going to miss my good friends. Love ya!
you make me want to eat donuts sooooooooooo hard. Actually eat anything. I just got home from work and I need to eat dinner. loves.
You need to write a book!
Ok, on donuts? Or something more profound. But seriously, I would really like to. It'd be awsome.
Anything really....your thought process is wonderful to follow!
Post a Comment