Wednesday, April 30, 2008

push against a wall

Do you know how much work you can do without doing any at all? Today in one of my classes I was teaching the kids about isometric exercising. Basically that's when you push or pull against something that doesn't move...but you push or pull it anyway, and as hard as you can. So we did some of those and I tried really hard and I left with my arms being totally fatigued. Seriously, they had that slight shaky feeling like you go to pick something up and then don't think you can. I was totally impressed! I think I want to do that more often. The thing is that I could pause through the day and do them since they don't take any equipment and are intense but short. Then I'd have my resistance training in and would only have to worry about cardio when I'm not at work. Cool!

So, I think this means tomorrow is leg day.

P.S. I got this and bunches of great exercises at http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenandoah/OBB/OBB.html

3 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

dang girl those look awesome! Thanks for the website!

Ritch in Love said...

The sketches on that site make me giggle

dolly d. said...

I'm so glad you liked it! And yes, those sketches make me giggle too. :) They are good, though.