Wednesday, July 18, 2007

it's the simple things

I love to tell my students, when they laugh at little things I do that you've got to enjoy the little things since that's what most of life is. I totally think it's true and am determined to always laugh or get excited or be amazed at all the little things that find their way into my life. Here are some of the latest.


juice boxes ~ They are so good! Just the right portion size, easy to purchase and fit in the mini fridge at work, and you can get such yummy flavors in 100% juice! I love it! They totally make my lunches a metaphorical slice of lemon marainge pie.


nail clippers ~ You all know that I always have nail clippers with me and I am as satisfied with this habit as I was when I started it in high school. They are convenient for so many things! Like: getting that nasty hang nail, cutting a loose thread from your shirt, opening a pesky plastic wrapper, and (my favorite) giving you something to occupy your hands when you are sitting somewhere bored. My life wouldn't be the same without them.


words ~ I love using fun words! My favorite is when a word just pops out of my mouth and I think, "Was that right?" And I look it up and I was right. I love that! It's like a roller coaster thrill for my intellect. Fun!


acrylic massagers ~ Let me tell you, these little devils are like a piece of heaven. I got one for like 3 bucks a while ago and it is wonderful. Forget those awkward vibrating ones, just gouge this into the knot in your back and miracles happen. Sometimes I even carry it around in my purse (usually after my shoulder is tied up in knots after 3 awesome hours of volleyball).

Man, isn't life fun? What little things make your life that much more enjoyable?

5 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

Simple things...so appropriate! For me, I'm dependent upon Shout Wipes! As a flight attendant, I constantly, CONSTANTLY get drinks on me. Anything from tomato juice to throw up. What do I rely upon?? SHOUT WIPES! They are so easy to drop in your purse. I keep on in my wallet. I have about 100 in my carryon luggage! Love it!

Ritch in Love said...

Simple things...so appropriate! For me, I'm dependent upon Shout Wipes! As a flight attendant, I constantly, CONSTANTLY get drinks and other stuff on me. Anything from tomato juice to throw up. What do I rely upon?? SHOUT WIPES! They are so easy to drop in your purse. I keep one in my wallet. I have about 100 in my carryon luggage! Love it!

Jamela said...

Man, I need to start the nail clipper thing. Why I never thought much about their other uses, the pesky thread, the plastic wrapper! You're such a smarty. I still loved it whenever we had a question Makyla said, "Let's call Adrian!" Love you!

vantastic said...

lets see...I like bells on bikes, I like accordians, I like ice and shaving my legs. but you know this stuff about me already. right?? PS: I want to be a flight attendant!

dolly d. said...

Oh yes, ice is a very good one for you. And I didn't know you wanted to be a flight attendant! You'd probably be good at it. You know, I have a very good friend who does that if you want some inside info.