Yeah, so this weekend I moved. Woo hoo, that is basically done. Through the course of that Saturday we took a bunch of my stuff to a storage unit and I went in to rent it and the man asked to see my drivers license. Ok, no prob, I am a vigilant law abider, I have my license right here...he takes my license and starts recording things. "Oh," he says, "it looks like your license is expired." "Really?" I say. I think that's a little odd given that I am a vigilant law abider. Hm, I must have just recently missed my mail in which is the notice that I need to renew. Hm, well, let's look at the date on which my vigilantly legal drivers license has expired...probably a day or two ago...APRIL 3, 2007! ACK! I've been driving on an expired license for OVER A MONTH?! (Little mini freak out session)
Yeah, so evidently they had my wrong address because I received no notice of my soon-to-be delinquent document in the mail. And I obviously never wrote such an event as this expiring in my dayplanner...hm...and I'm usually so diligent about that. So anyway, I followed all traffic laws for the past few days and went this morning to renew my license. Turns out I didn't even have to retest or anything. That was a relief. So, here I am 23 bucks lighter (the license is only $20, but I made a couple donations), and a lot more aware of how nice it is to operate automobiles on a legal footing.
...and with a picture that's not quite as flattering as the last, but who really looks at those anyway?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Funny! Mine expired 5/5/07. I actually DID get the reminder in the mail, lost it for a few weeks, so of course sent it in two days before it expired, 5/3/07. So, I just got my new license yesterday....
Meaning I too have been driving around with an expired license. But only for just over a week, not over a month :)
You actually try to put things like that in your planner? You are so organized! I don't even pay attention to when my yogurt expires.
Oh well, yogurt...I definitly put when that expires into my planner. ;) Ha!
Post a Comment