So, this weekend I attended my new ward where I am living now. I'll admit that I hadn't committed myself to switching wards as of Sunday, but I went to their orientation and meetings, enjoyed myself, and filled out a transfer records form. Then, before you know it, I had met with the bishop, they had my picture, and I was on my way home with a pleasant sense of incredulity bouncing around inside somewhere between my shoulders and my bellybutton.
Hm, crazy, I'm really changing wards.
Then I started to get kind of excited about the idea. Especially the idea of living within 5 minutes of all my meetings and activities. Hallelujah! What have I been missing all these years? So, in celebration of my new found convenience, I went to my first ward activity Monday night. It was a barbecue (yes, and it was cold for the first day in like three weeks...oh the irony, but I won't vamp on that just now) and I had a very nice time. Mostly, I think, because I am determined to jump in with both feet, make friends, meet boys, and get into it like I've already been there for years. It took me a long time last time, but I am a new person now. This is gonna be so much fun! So I talk to people I'd never met and one whom I had, and even got invited to a social not-ward activity! Woah! I'm sure my cute younger sister is used to experiences like that, but it is a new one for me. So there you have it. I had a great time and am fully excited for this new chapter in my singles wards experience. Bring it on, baby, bring it on. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh yes, so proud of you! Love ya.
you're so cute Adj. all i know, is that social better not be on Sat. night cause you have a date with Rachel and me. LOVE YOU!
way to go adg-y padg-y punkin pie!!!
Post a Comment