Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I think I need a power suit

So yesterday I had a pretty neat experience. I was interviewed in the process of applying for grad school. I showed up in navy blue slacks that had small white pinstripes, white shoes, a white collared shirt with pin tucks down the front over an aqua undershirt and topped with a purple corduroy jacket. I thought I looked pretty cute, sufficiently professional, but I also thought I should stand out a bit. Yeah, well, stand out I did...and was almost frightened when I walked in the room and saw all the other applicants wearing dark colored power suits. Hm, did someone forget to send me the memo? :) Well, there was no changing now so I figured all that was left was for me to own my difference and have a great time.

I think I did alright. I enjoyed all my interviews and discovered (or rediscovered) things that I thought I would like about genetic counseling. Part of me wants to make a decision right now about the rest of my life, but I guess I should wait till I see if I actually get accepted. Hm, so there you go.

1 comment:

vantastic said...

I am glad you stood out. way to go addy. loves.