I think that when you ask most people what super-power they would most like to have, they will say flight. I say this partly because most people I have asked have said that, and partly because flying has something about it that makes it seem like the ultimate freedom...to be able to move and go where you will in an unfettered and exhilarating way. Never mind that lots of people then don't know where they would go if they could fly. I would go straight up to the top of a mountain that I am too lazy to hike and look around for a good long while, then I would fly to a hot tub and soak for a while since I'd probably be a little cold after sitting on a mountain top all afternoon.
I have quite a few dreams where I can fly, but it's not in the Superman, or bird, way that we usually think of. Instead it's like levitation. I bounce up high and come down to sort of rest at the level I desire and then hang out looking around and enjoying the scenery. I guess in that way my dream flying is like my imagination of flying. Neither of which are anything like my actuality of flying in commercial airliners.
But really, if I got to pick a super power, I would be like Elasigirl...soooooo versatile.
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you're blogging again! I love it! And I love your cloud pictures.
Post a Comment