trigonometric is my favorite word, not because of what it means, but cause it's so much fun to say
Monday, November 1, 2010
my house, oh yeah
I love love love love awesome modern prefab houses and this could be my favorite to far. It's made by a company called Hive Modular. I like a lot of their stuff so far. Cool, compact, awesome design is the way to go...take a hint Utah.
You're into the pre-fab homes, eh? I'm not sold yet. But they are incredibly affordable and I think they're supposed to be environmentally friendly. I just haven't found one with a dumb-waiter and a soundproof room in the basement. :)
Oh, but they can be amazingly customizable. Pre-fab just means most the building is done in the factory so only assembly and touch-ups are done on site. It's much more efficient which makes me wonder why we haven't been doing this for ages. Why do we drag tons of lumber and every solitary nail to some building site when it could all be kept neat and on-hand in a factory setting.
Anyway, they can be designed pretty much anyway, but for some reason I'm partial to repurposing shipping containers.
I was born in Vegas and somehow landed in Salt Lake City. I wonder how things work, like to laugh at anything worthy, and am craving sushi. Most days I wake up with a song in my head and sometimes I remember my dreams...funny things, dreams.
glitter shoes
me at my cousin's wedding
feel good thoughts
In the infinity of life where I am, all is perfect, whole, and complete. I release all fear, anxiety, and past hurts, knowing that the Universe takes care of me. I am enough. I trust, knowing that whatever I need to know is revealed to me, and that whatever I need comes to me. I support myself and life supports me. I am the power in my world. All is well in my world.
3 comments:
You're into the pre-fab homes, eh? I'm not sold yet. But they are incredibly affordable and I think they're supposed to be environmentally friendly. I just haven't found one with a dumb-waiter and a soundproof room in the basement. :)
Oh, but they can be amazingly customizable. Pre-fab just means most the building is done in the factory so only assembly and touch-ups are done on site. It's much more efficient which makes me wonder why we haven't been doing this for ages. Why do we drag tons of lumber and every solitary nail to some building site when it could all be kept neat and on-hand in a factory setting.
Anyway, they can be designed pretty much anyway, but for some reason I'm partial to repurposing shipping containers.
Great choice!
Brad Fallon
Post a Comment