Thursday, August 28, 2008

spain looks uncannily like utah

I hope that any Spaniard will not be upset by the comparison...or any Utahan for that matter, but it is pretty much true. And I'd have pictures to prove it if my camera had been working on my way from Madrid to Bilbao or if I'd thought of it on our way from Bilbao to Madrid, but as it is you'll just have to take my word for it. It's pretty dry and pretty brown and yellow, but with enough green to be pretty-ish and seem productive. The biggest difference seems to be that Spain's valleys tend to be wider and Utah's mountains tend to be higher. So there you go, no need to feel bad about not going with me if, indeed, you were feeling bad.














Of course, the coast is not so much like Utah. It's more like California...everybody tans, there are a ton of Spanish speakers, and I found myself wishing that days could be a little bit longer and my skin a little bit tougher so I could hang out in the sun and surf forever! I love the ocean. Apparently that remains constant regardless of the continent.

1 comment:

vantastic said...

i really like this post....para que sepas. loves.