
"You should get a bigger water bottle."...a seemingly innocuous comment...that I seem to have gotten a lot of. Firstly, why do all these people even care that I have to walk a whole 15 steps into the office to fill my 12 oz. water bottle almost a whole two or three times a day? Secondly, don't they think I knew what I was doing when I purchased it? I am verging on 29 and have lived away from home for much of that time. I mean, my little bottle is just the size I want! It fits in my purse, can be tucked under a jacket, doesn't look out of place on my desk, and is not ungainly to drink from. It's not like I'm crossing the Sahara in my daily commute. I only have to make it from one conveniently located source of purified water to the next. If I had a cup you wouldn't be saying "you should get a bigger cup," but cause it's a bottle it needs to be bigger?! I also got stainless steel on purpose since most of my fluids come from it and I don't want to intake any more of that plastic chemical that is reportedly bad for me than I have to. And maybe I like having an excuse to get up and walk around every so often throughout the day. Who wants to sit inert for 5 hours together? Certainly not me.
So, honestly, while I don't hold anything against these people with their truly innocent, yet irritating comments, I do beg of you, should you notice my diminutive-yet-perfectly-adequate water bottle and wonder why I didn't splurge on a larger...just keep it to yourself.
1 comment:
yea. You tell em! Your water, your bottle, your life! =) You're so funny. Love you!
Post a Comment