Sunday, March 9, 2008

two stories

Ok, there are a couple of things that have happened lately that are just interesting enough that I've wanted to tell you all, and just uninteresting enough that I seem to have forgetten to ever tell you over the phone. So, here I will make remedy.

First, we totally had an earthquake recently and I actually felt it. The last time I was in an earthquake I was asleep and didn't wake up at all. This time, I'd just woken up, was sitting in my bed thinking about getting up and my bed started to jiggle. At first I thought I must have moved violently enough to make it do so, but then it kept on jiggling while I sat perfectly still. Hm. That's interesting. "Wow, an earthquake!" I thought. Then I pretty much forgot about it til later in the day when someone mentioned it and we talked more about it. Then everyone I saw at work got to relate their earthquake-noticing-or-else-didn't-notice stories. Turns out the epicenter was near Wendover and had caused some pretty serious damages there. I hope all is turning out alright for them. But yeah, weird, I totally felt an earthquake.

Then story number two--this one still makes me chuckle when I think of it. So, sometime ago I went to get my armpits waxed (by the way, I was pretty happy with the results). It hurt pretty dang bad, but the pain is short lived, so if someone is hairy enough to really want to try I'd say go for it, but that's not the point. So I'm there in the salon, laying on a massage-style bed, with my arm over my head and the lady helping me is applying wax to my underarm. Suddenly she stops, probes the area a bit, and asks if I do regular self examinations on a particular personal type of tissue (so worded for the benefit of under-age eyes :) as well as if she can see my other arm. Then she says, "See, what is that?" and directs my attention to a "lump" in my armpit. I reach my other hand over, press the same location, and say in a matter-of-fact tone with incredulous undertones, "that's muscle..." HA! I guess she doesn't get too many girls in there who actually workout their upper body cause she totally didn't recognize that it was muscle! HA! Oh man, some people's kids.

2 comments:

tic tacs and tech decks said...

you are so freaking buff. haha. I love it.

dolly d. said...

Haha! That's what's so funny! I'm pretty normal for someone who does any kind of exercise. I just found myself laughing at the image of the softy types that she must usually work with.