Wednesday, September 30, 2009

meyers-briggs is on to something

Have you heard of the Meyers-Briggs personality test? Well, anyone who has had any amount of conversation with me has probably figured out that I am a devoted fan of The Color Code, but I did recently try the Meyers-Briggs thing. Now I have to say that I still think it's a little complicated and too in depth to ever study and get good at like I have The Color Code, but it definitely has something to it.

I turned out to be an INTJ which means Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging. And get this, the nickname for my type? Mastermind. Ha! I love it. The reason it's called that is because "masterminds" tend to be very good at looking at a project in full, foreseeing all the requisite parts or steps needed, and planning accordingly. And they don't get stuck on one strategy because, while they like to have a plan A, they are perfectly comfortable switching to plan B or C if needed. That is so me it cracks me up...in fact it tends to be what my boss comments on the most.

Some other zingers?

"Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead."
I don't know how many times I've sat around in a group waiting for someone else to take charge, but if no one else will, then I'll do it.

"efficiency is indispensable"
Poor Ty has felt the brunt of this as, in every conversation it's like I'm always asking "what's the point of this train of thought" and if I see none, I want it to stop.

"Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds"
Cough, cough.

"usually develop a very strong will"

"they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality"
Are you sure?

"know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know"
Ha! I love this, maybe it's why people do like to ask me about stuff they don't know. A lot of times I can help, but if I can't, I'll tell you.

"do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation"
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! This is pretty much THE reason it took me so long to get a first kiss...I had no idea what was going on!

So anyway, there you have it. I guess I'm still just me.

1 comment:

Sharona said...

THAT is hilarious. I love it.